The E-commerce industry is a force that no investor can afford to ignore. – Cushla Sherlock (Credit-suisse)
From small businesses to that consummate e-commerce giant Amazon, many companies can benefit from having their own e-commerce online store.
With the global e-commerce market quickly growing worldwide. an e-commerce online store with a scalable, stable and secure content management systems is now a must for every business to grow successfully.
E-commerce has become an important tool for small and large businesses worldwide, not only to sell to customers, but also to engage them. Today, e-commerce sales topped $1 trillion for the first time in history. Mobile devices are playing an increasing role in the mix of e-commerce. Some estimates show that purchases made on mobile devices will make up more than 50% of the market in the upcoming years. According to Cisco Visual Networking Index, the amount of mobile devices have outnumbered the number of the world population. According to eMarketer research company, “Today, 65.8 per cent of Britons are using smartphones”.
Today, the United Kingdom had the biggest e-commerce market in the world when measured by the amount spent per capita. The Czech Republic is the European country where e-commerce delivers the biggest contribution to the enterprises´ total revenue. Almost a quarter (24%) of the country’s total turnover is generated via the online channel.
Among emerging economies, China’s e-commerce presence continues to expand every year. China’s cross-border e-commerce is also growing rapidly. e-commerce transactions between China and other countries increased 32% to 2.3 trillion yuan ($375.8 billion) this year and accounted for 9.6% of China’s total international trade in the upcoming years, Alibaba had an e-commerce market share of 80% in China.
For traditional businesses, one research stated that information technology and cross-border e-commerce is a good opportunity for the rapid development and growth of enterprises. e-commerce or online stores are gaining more and more importance as now most of the stores worldwide allow you to make purchases accessing their web based online store from anywhere in the world without having to go to the store physically. Now this trade is very useful for traditional stores to quickly expand their coverage and serve more clients from anywhere in the world. As well as selling a physical product, e-commerce can be used to sell digital products, consultations or appointments, or intangibles, making it a flexible solution for all kinds of businesses.
E-commerce in recent years has grown rapidly and more people are buying online. Currently tools such as social networks, blogs and online chats are used to support online shopping.
E-commerce solution: managed or hosted
I’m determined to make a business grow on all from full content management system e-commerce solutions, to administered managed e-commerce solution. Both managed and hosted solutions are available for building an eCommerce website – one can either use managed (hosted) eCommerce platforms or a full Content Management Systems (CMS) like Prestashop or Magento.
Before I recommend any of these solutions, I make sure to analyze every client’s business and provide the best solution depending on project and goal. I also make sure to help the client understand the different solutions and their benefit.
Below is a list of benefits of both which could help you make a choice between the two based on your business’ current requirements:
Benefits of using hosted e-commerce platforms
- Lower development and maintenance – There is no coding expertise required, thereby eliminating the need for a development team. Also, the hosting is shared, which lowers the server costs.
- Good technical support – As issues within a shared solution are usually common, the tech-support team can easily assist users with any issues that may arise.
- Less complex to work with – The back-end for most of these platforms is user-friendly and is built for ease of use keeping in mind users with limited technical knowledge.
Benefits of using a content management system e-commerce (cms)
- Better functionality – Multitude of plugins, add-ons and themes available for content management systems allow the addition of advanced functionalities that would not be possible in the case of self-hosted platforms.
- Better customizability – Content management systems allow the freedom of adding/modifying features as well as building a customized design unique to one’s brand. They also allow for constant improvements and enhancements to the user experience on the site, which plays a major role in today’s highly competitive eCommerce space.
- Better Design – Content management systems opens the door to create outstanding designs based on clients specific requirements. You can develop unique designed templates and modules according to the business’s needs.
- Can support large stores and sophisticated websites – Content Management Systems, being self-hosted do not have a limit to the number of products or categories allowed, so they can handle much larger stores as well as sophisticated websites.
- Better for SEO – SEO is today key for success for all business. Content management systems allows a stronger SEO customizations which later translates to better positioning in search engines. Better positioning = higher revenues / conversion rate.
Skills and experiences
I am specialized in developing unique designed e-commerce solutions according to business’s needs