Change can come in many forms in our lives. It might come forcefully like a tidal wave, or creep along incrementally like a glacier. It might come in the form of devastating tragedy, difficult choices, broken relationships, or even new opportunities.
But even though change is often difficult, many times it’s also for the best. Accomplishing anything great in life requires significant change that pushes us beyond our comfort zones. Many times, the only way to improve our lives is to force ourselves to undergo difficult change. That might mean breaking up and leaving a stale – but comfortable – relationship, leaving a mediocre – but stable – job, moving away from a nice – but uninspiring – location, or anything else that’s holding us back from accomplishing our dreams.
Of course, dealing with uninvited change in our lives is often difficult and painful. In many cases, instigating major, but necessary, change in our life can be just as painful. But whatever change you’re dealing with, know that how you cope with that change will have an impact on your future. Here are some quotes about change in life.
1. “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”
Remember to follow the “Golden Rule!”. Improve yourself first and than ask others to follow you only when they are ready and positive about the improvement.
2. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”
It is important to keep learning and investigating in this world. Science is just a very litle part of what we know about our entourage today. Investigate and discover the known. The world is much more that what the eye can see. Ignorance is the greatest cause of suffering. Enlightenment is our liberation.
3. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
1000 repetitions answers all questions. Theory and practice are both important.
4. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
You really have to open your mind to see the beauty in the world. See the world through clear eyes. You can only see a small bit of the reality we living in with your eyes. You need to use your consciousness to see the real beauty of this world.
5. “The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”
Another quote is “The object of the superior man is truth.” Basically doing right does always pays off, whether you experience it in this world or in the next.
6. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”
It’s important to be all in, all there, wherever you are.
7. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.”
We all will fail at some point or another. But true failure is only when we fail to get up. We should learn from our mistakes and get up stronger and experienced.
8. “He who learns but does not think, is lost. He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”
There’s more to being well educated than reading books. Remember to think critically. Never accept anything just because you have been told so. Explore, investigate and get to your own answers.
9. “He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”
And remember, your mind and your spirit are some of your most important tools.
10. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”
This is one I could benefit from applying more to my own life. My life is good, all things considered. Yet I still feel some anxiety about my life and choices. Maybe that’s normal, but Confucius has a good point. If there’s nothing wrong in your heart, let go of your worry.